Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Alyssa: Mucho Gusto Vacas


Mucho gusto vacas. Not everyone gets it but I came from a non-farming background and grew up in the heartland of Pennsylvania agriculture. I still remember those summer nights when my dad would open the door, whistle and then say “Alyssa and David it’s time for dinner!” My brother and I would get home as fast as we could with the promise of playing on our neighbor’s farm the next day. Growing up like that lead me to Penn State where I am a junior in animal science. My PASSION is making agriculture the best it can be to feed our growing world. I am always on the side of aiding the farmer and in Costa Rica I want to know how that is being done. Everyone hears SUSTAINABLE and thinks something different. Some may think organic or small farms but I think every farm can be sustainable. How does Costa Rica want to achieve sustainability? Do they want to achieve it at all? Being a global community we have to know how to work together and make the world a better place. We can start in agriculture by making sure everyone has food to eat 3 times a day 24/7.

1 comment:

  1. Alyssa, what a heart you have! We need many many more young adult like you in our world.

    ReplyDelete